What Is GYPSUM POWDER ?
(Plaster of Paris)
Plaster of Paris is obtained by pulverizing the gypsum (calcium sulphate hemihydrate CaSO4 0.5H2O) which is heated to a temperature of 150 degrees centigrade. When Gypsum (CA SO4,2H2O) is ground to a powder and heated at 150° to 165° C, three- quarters of its combined water is removed producing hemi-hydrate plaster (CA SO4,1/2H2O), commonly known as the ‘Plaster of Paris ‘Upon addition of water, Plaster of Paris (POP) becomes regular gypsum (dehydrate) again causing the resultant material to harden. This hardening material can be used to create moulds for casting and in construction. When this powder is mixed with water the resulting paste sets hard as the water recombines to produce Gypsum again. This process can be repeated almost indefinitely, with important implications for recycling. When dry POP powder is mixed with water it hardens. This material which can be applied over brick, block or concrete surface to form a smooth surface is called gypsum plaster.
Usage of GYPSUM POWDER.
(PLASTER OF PARIS)
Final layer of plastering with high mesh
Gypsum Board Factories
Ceiling board industries
Moulding in ceramic industry
AL AHLI competitive advantages in comparison with other products in UAE markets:
- Ease of Application (Workability): AL AHLI gypsum can be directly applied over brick/block work without separate finishing. It is also very easy to apply and level gypsum plaster.
- No cracking due to high purity.
- Flexible setting time according projects requirements.
- High Productivity: Reduces time considerably for excellent adhesion when compared to similar products.
- Incredibly strength. Flexural strength: 3-4 / compressive strength: 7-8
- Smooth Finish: Perfectly lined, levelled, smooth walls and perfect right angled corners because of remarkable flexibility and softness.
- Reduced Supervision: Careful quality checking is required for cement plaster and another similar product. In contrast, because of excellent quality, AL AHLI gypsum plaster doesn’t require same amount of quality checks for application thus reducing supervision efforts.
- Fire resistant: AL AHLI gypsum plaster is highly resistant to fire
- Low thermal conductivity: AL AHLI gypsum has low thermal conductivity. This saves electrical cost for heating and cooling rooms in a building.
- Whiteness and shininess above 95%
- Quick delivery for any place in UAE
- Carrying with different vehicles (according to customers offer)
Physical and chemical specification
|1.||Primary Setting(Minute)||7:30 (Adjustable)|
|2.||Secondary setting(minute)||17:00 (adjustable)|
|3.||Compressive strength (Mpa)||12/10 to up|
|4.||Flexural strength (Mpa)||4/45 to up|
|5.||Surface hardness (Mpa)||1.50 to up|
|6.||Thermal conductivity coefficient (W / m K)||0.23|
|Parameters||Unit||Acceptance Limit||Results||Test Method|
|Water Stucco Ratio||%||80%||20|
|Fineness||%||200 mesh sive pass:>96||0.4%||C471-M-14|
Plaster of Paris is obtained by pulverizing the gypsum (calcium sulphate hemihydrate CaSO4 0.5H2O) which is heated to a temperature of 150 degrees centigrade.
Product In-Stock: 1